I have been to Italy once, and that was enough to fall in love with the place, the people, and most importantly – the food.
It is really hard not to love Italian food. It is simple, it is amazingly delicious and contains enormous amounts of heart and soul.
I have always thought that bruschetta are made on tiny slices of french baguette, however that is absolutely not true. Any slice of bread can be grilled and covered with a mixture of ingredients and be bruschetta. 🙂
A great way to make your gloomy Wednesday morning better, is to prepare these amazingly easy bruschetta at home.
Here is how to make them. For two you will need:
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 leaves of basil
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Dice the tomatoes finely and put them in a bowl
- Add the paste of 1 clove of garlic
- Finely chop the basil and also add to the mixture
- Season to taste with salt and olive oil
- Meanwhile cover the slices of bread with olive oil and grill them in a hot pan for 1,5 min on each side.
- Serve the grilled bread covered with the tomato mixture and enjoy!:)