This is my own invention I must say and the only reason I am calling it a pot pie is because it is in a pot and it has a crust 😀
It is also one of my most delicious inventions.
The good thing is that you can make it in any quantity you like and just warm it up a little before serving and it can last you a couple days.
- 5 medium potatoes
- 50 ml milk
- 4 tbsp butter
- 500 g. chicken breast
- 1 onion
- 250g mushrooms
- 2 green and 3 red peppers
- 100 ml. white wine
- 1 cube of chicken bullion
- two large carrots
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp butter
- black pepper
How to make it
- Cut the potatoes into cubes and boil. Once soft remove from the water, add the milk and butter, salt and mash
- Chop the onion finely, cut the peppers into stripes and slice the mushrooms into big chunks, add everything in a hot wok pan and put a lid on it stirring occasionally
- Add the cubed chicken, put the lid on all of that and leave it for 10-15 minutes again stirring occasionally.
- Once the water from the mushrooms and veggies and the chicken had evaporated add the wine and the bullion cube and wait until the wine evaporates too
- In the mean times slice the carrots intro strips, melt the butter in a casserole, add the carrots, 2-3 tbsp of water, the honey, salt and black pepper, leave on low heat under a lid until the liquid is gone /about 10 minutes/
- Once the chicken is ready mix it together with the caramelized carrots into a pan
- Spread the mashed potatoes evenly on top (you can decorate that with a fork) and grind some cheese of your liking on top
- Bake for 5-10 minutes until golden on top.
I hope you enjoy! 🙂