The best cheesecake I have ever had was in my favourite bakery Villa Rosiche. Normally I am not this excited when it comes to things tasting like lemon or lime, they shut me up with the amazing taste and texture of this heavenly cake!
This is why i decided to try and recreate it as best as I can at home. And what is better occasion for a cheesecake, than a loved one’s birthday. I think it worked out great!
- 230 g. graham crackers
- 60 g. melted butter
- pinch of salt
- 900 g cream cheese (I used Philadelphia)
- 270 g. white sugar
- the zest of two limes
- 160 ml heavy cream
- 160 g. sour cream
- 4 eggs
- Put the crackers in a blender and grind them finely. Add a pinch of salt, two table spoons of sugar and the melted butter
- Spread evenly on the bottom of a cake pan with removable bottom. Use your fingers and try to cover 2 cm. of the sides as well
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes, then let it cool.
- Stir the cream cheese with a large spatula, and then with a mixer until it becomes fluffy, add the rest of the sugar and continue to mix.
- Add the eggs in the mixture one by one until completely incorporated and then add the vanilla
- Add the sour cream and mix again / you can stop the mixer from time to ti and make sure the mixture that sticks to the walls of your ball is safely returned to the rest of the mixture
- Add the heavy cream and mix again
- Finally add the lime zest and mix with spatula
Putting the cheesecake together:
- Cover the bottom of the cake pan with several layers of wide aluminum foil
- Add the filling in the crust and put the cake pan in a larger oven pan filled with hot water enough to cover the bottom half of your cheesecake pan. /Preferable fist add the cheesecake in the larger pan, then put it in the oven and then add the water.
- Bake for hour and a half at 160 degrees Celsius
- Crack the oven open and leave the cake in there for about 2-3 hours. This is to avoid cracking.
- Once cooled, leave it in the fridge for at least 4 hours before removing from the cake pan.
- Mix 150 g sour cream and 5 table spoons of powdered sugar. Then cover the top of the cheesecake with that mixture.
- You can add jam or fresh fruit on top if you like.
Links: https://www.kulinarno-joana.com/2011/03/cheesecake/ https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/perfect_cheesecake/